Restaurant Marketing is essential, and as such, strategic planning is vital to running a successful restaurant business. However, not all advertising works the same, nor creates the same effect. Here are a few tips to help you devise and execute a thorough marketing plan.
restaurant LAUNCH PLAN
Marketing often comes down to finding the fine balance between having sufficient marketing, and possible financial constraints. This is most evident in the opening of a new restaurant: opening without a marketing plan can be a bad idea, however, at the same time, spending too much money on advertising within the first year can be just as detrimental. Here are a few helpful tips to restaurant owners who are about to launch their restaurant:
- Create a website in advance. Since website urls are often added onto other launch material, such as business cards, it can become costly to implement a website after launching the restaurant if such material has already been designed or printed. Keep in mind that the website is the only means for customers to become familiar with the restaurant prior to launching, in terms of its location, menu, and launch date. Ensure that the website is well presented and focuses on the restaurantís overall theme, because this will possibly serve as the first link between the restaurant and potential customers.
- Start collecting email addresses to announce the restaurantís opening. Although spamming is not recommended, an occasional solid, well-generated email can go a long way.
- Consider some non-traditional ideas to gain exposure, such as press releases. This can serve as a powerful statement, without the cost or appearance of an ad.
Restaurant marketing plans
Restaurants are always looking to not only attract new customers, but also keep existing customers. Here are a few tips to help bring new ideas to your restaurant marketing strategies:
- Ensure that the website represents the restaurant in a positive manner. If you do not have a website yet, maybe it is time to consider if your restaurant needs one.
- Create an email-marketing plan. It keeps customers returning, with the added perks of its low maintenance and cost.
- Advertise online - develop an ad to put on local websites such as Dine Out Delaware.
- Start using a web-tracking program to see how successful the advertising is. This is the most effective ROI, and helps in managing the overall advertising campaign.
InternetInFusion is a small, personalized team based in Delaware to aid in marketing, web design, and development for local businesses. It is the allied member of DRA for restaurant web design and Internet solutions. InternetInFusion & DRA have teamed up to provide the following services at an exclusive discount:
- Restaurant Web Design & Marketing
- Public Releases for your restaurant
- Online Advertising and Ad Design
- Custom Marketing Plans for new and existing restaurants
- Affordable maintenance and web hosting plans