Website Dogfish Head
Creates world-class food to compliment our world-class beers and spirits. Helps set the kitchen tempo in order to keep food orders flowing in an efficient, sanitary and orderly manner which is of consistent appearance, quality and taste. Provides leadership by example and coaching support to kitchen staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the effective daily operation of kitchen.
- Partners with the Chef and Executive Chef to create consistent tasting world-class food to compliment our world-class beers and spirits.
- Works with kitchen management team to suggest and support continual job, process, people and kitchen improvement; takes an active and collaborative approach toward team success.
- Supports all sanitation and cleanliness initiatives; ensuring that all periodic checklists are completed timely.
- Supports kitchen management with all staff training and coaching initiatives.
- Partners with kitchen management and Inventory Control Manager to control food costs through support of various initiatives including proper labeling/rotation, storage and ordering.
- Provides daily supervision, guidance, feedback and direction to culinary coworkers.
- Partners with the Chef and Executive Chef to create world-class food through menu creation, planning and exceptional culinary execution.
- Opens and closes kitchen and performs associated duties.
- Fosters positive working relationships and good communication both within the kitchen team as well as amongst other restaurant teams.
- Enforces and adheres to all safety regulations as required by the position and the company’s safety program.
- Enforces and adheres to all sanitation initiatives as required by the position and the company’s sanitation program; ensures that all checklists are completed within prescribed timeframes.
- Provides continual job and process improvement by taking a collaborative, active role in individual and team success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Runs an orderly, highly functional and financially sound kitchen.
- Ensures culinary co-workers follow recipes in order to create food of consistent taste, quality and presentation.
- Works with the Inventory Control Manager to ensure the proper supply of food and other inventory.
- Monitors flow of the kitchen and delegates tasks to line staff to enable the preparation of hot, timely and consistent food.
- Maintains good working knowledge of all stations, assists with various training and/or coaching initiatives as needed.
- Supports kitchen management’s attempts to control food costs by proper rotating, storing, labeling and preparing of all food.
- Responsible for shift monitoring of products on line to include daily line checks and PM closing checklists.
- Maintains clear communication regarding each day’s kitchen activities.
- Provides regular and meaningful feedback to coworkers through scheduled 1:1s, conducts annual performance reviews and manages the performance of each individual coworker.
- Conducts effective and well thought-out pre-shift meetings for culinary team.
- Effectively schedules culinary team, keeping labor costs at a minimum and audits payroll each cycle to ensure accuracy and timely communication with HR should there be any discrepancies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must have minimum of three years culinary experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity is also required.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org