Restaurants in Delaware are #OpenforBusiness and considered ‘essential businesses’ – and while dine-in services are suspended, carryout, drive-thru and delivery orders are still permitted. We encourage you to check these lists and order often – you are directly supporting your local restaurants and staff and they are grateful for the business and support. More information on the Executive Order from Governor Carney can be found here.
- Delaware Online (The News Journal) – Restaurant list open for carryout/delivery
- Delaware Today List – Restaurants open for carryout/delivery. Includes links to websites and/or ordering platforms.
- INWilm List – Restaurants open for carryout/delivery in Wilmington-area only.
- Out & About Magazine List – Restaurants open for carryout/delivery in the Wilmington/Newark area.
- Facebook Group – Restaurants That Offer Takeout & Delivery – This is a great resource group (over 8,000 members) for asking questions/searching for specific items or restaurants that are open and accepting orders. Specials are posted daily and links provided from local restaurants that are open for carryout/delivery.
- Eat Local Group – Facebook group (over 1,000 members) where you can find specials and offers from New Castle County restaurants offering carryout/delivery.
- RehobothFoodie.com Restaurant List – Mainly for restaurants open for carryout/delivery in Sussex County/beaches area, but a very large database. Also includes a link for businesses to be added to the list.
For those interested in either donating funds or meals to frontline workers (hospital staff, first responders, local operating essential workers), please consult these lists – these are individual locations or groups that are organizing or providing donated meals to those in need.
- Heroes & Restaurants – Matches Wilmington restaurants with at-need healthcare facilities, frontline workers and first responders. Restaurants are paid for meals, as the mission of this organization is both feeding frontline workers AND supporting the local restaurant/small business economy. Restaurants may apply to be involved here.
- Food First Delaware – Donate on the site to provide meals to frontline workers or families in need. Restaurant can also join this group if they are able to provide catered meals to meet these demands.
- Adopt a Doc & Local Restaurant – Meals for Healthcare Workers – This Facebook group is a good place to network if you are a restaurant with catering services available, or if you are looking for match with healthcare workers to provide them with meals or funding for meals.
- Student Nutrition Sites – This list is for students (and families) and provides locations for free breakfast and lunch pickups to replace those meals that would normally be provided during school hours.
- Food Bank of Delaware – Find a pickup site, donate goods, funds or volunteer your time to assist Delawareans in need.
- “Home Meals” Buy One = One to Workers – Caffe Gelato is donating one meal to a healthcare worker or family in need for every Home Meal purchased through their restaurant in Newark.
- “Buy One Give One” Meals to Healthcare Workers – Program by Touch of Italy where purchased meals are matched and equal donations are provided to local healthcare workers.
- Meals to Restaurant Industry Workers – Provided by Palate Bistro & Catering (Rehoboth Beach) – check back often for weekly offers for free meals for unemployed restaurant workers.
Want to see your restaurant, group or list on this page? Email us at Karen@delawarerestaurant and we’ll connect – thanks!